By the time I Get to Understand You by Popsicle
To catch up coz i haven’t been posting that much lately (reason: just got my pc monitor back from the repair shop), here are my kwentos from the gigs i attended last week. I am one happy gig-goer :D
July 25, 2002
Thursday
Went to freedom bar for Admit One. Yay! I feel normal again, after three months of not going to any gigs and seeing only basketball games Hehehe. I was so happy to see bands whom I haven’t seen live for months now ---Imago, Pin-up girls, Fatal Posporos, Sugar Free!, Itchyworms and Twisted Halo—Boldstar was the only band in the line-up that I have been seeing quite often, lately.
I was planning not to finish the whole gig and go home early—coz i told my parents that i'll be home by 12 because i didn't want to piss them off because flooded parin samin. But then I thought i've been looking forward to this gig for weeks, sayang naman andito na ako at minsan ko na lang sila napapanood, so as usual ang 12am na paalam ko naging 2am hehehe. Didn't pissed off my
parents though coz they were already asleep went i got home. Actually the one who got pissed off was my sister, coz i had to wake her up to open the gate. Hehehe.
p.s. I was able to confirm a rumor that night. Tangina nila! Yun lang. Ma-threaten talaga sila sa Sugar Free kapag lumabas na yung album. Nagagawa nga naman ng greed at inggit, nababalewala lahat. Kasamaan talaga ng ugali, grabe!!!
July 28, 2002
Sunday
Despite not having any normal sleep the past few days and not having been to Libis ever...I went to Rockstar, Libis with Camille (who even picked me up from the office. Thanks so much!) for Meg’s 4th anniversary because you guess it right---Ciudad is one of the bands scheduled to play that night. Grabe, semi-culture shock coz haven’t seen that many people in ruffly blouses, spaghetti straps, mid ribs and stilletos with matching shiny lips and glossy eye make-up in one place, in one night. For a while I thought I wouldn’t be allowed to get inside coz I wasn’t wearing that kind of get-up. Hehehehe.
The place was packed with socialites, nagfefeeling, celebrities and whatnots. Yeah! My kind of place to hang-out. Harhar! Blech. Kung di lang talaga dahil sa Ciudad. Hehehe.
And i bumped into some of my college classmates that night. They were shocked as I am to see me there. Hahahaha! knowing me.
Compensated naman though, Ciudad had a nice set, kahit 3 lang sila---Raimund played drums for them coz Mitch had to attend to something and Jeff had fever.
Went home right away after their set.
July 29, 2002
Monday
My third gig for the week: Sunday Grabe Sunday at Mayrics. Grabe ko no? Hehehehe. Went to this gig by myself because none of my usual gig barkada can come. I wanted to see Blast Ople and Boldstar (again) so keber. Hehehe. (Medyo i'm getting used to going to gigs alone, and it's not so bad, you know?). Anyway the gig started late, as usual, pero buti na lang Boldstar and Blast Ople weren’t placed last in the line-up kaya mga 12:30 nakauwi na ako at mga past 1am sa bahay na ako.
Blast Ople's set was fun but it wasn’t as fun as their first “last gig” two months ago, grabe talaga yun eh. Siguro kase last night di nila na-feel na talagang last na yun kase may part 3 pa daw yang “last gig” nila sa 18 hehehe. Labo. Nga pala "avoid sitting right in front of the band, if you don't want to get harrassed during their performance" Hehehe.
p.s. During their set, Quark asked kung ano gusto namin (meaning next song na they will play) and one of the girls sitting at the back from where we're seated, shouted: “ikaw ang gusto ko!” hahahaha! Wala lang, Lia (Quark’s gf) was sitting beside me. Ikaw ang gusto ko palaehhh.
Took some pictures again, sana fun uli yung mga shots nila na lumabas.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home